What will happen to my account?
If you do not reside in NY, NC or AK, your account will be transitioned to a Voyager account on March 28th, 2020. All of your account data, crypto balances, USD balances, and recurring buys will be transferred over to Voyager and migrated there, and made available to you by a schedule communicated by Voyager. You will no longer be able to log in into your Circle Invest account after this date and your assets will be migrated to Voyager.
What if I don’t want my account to be converted to Voyager?
The deadline to submit account closures was March 22nd, 11:59pm EST.
Please submit your request to close your account, as soon as possible and withdraw all of your assets in your Circle Invest account. If you would like to close your account, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
What features does Voyager have that I will benefit from?
Some of Voyager’s unique features include:
- Commission-free trading on +30 crypto assets based on smart order routing technology
- Earning interest on BTC, LTC, BCH, VGX,ETH, USDC & other assets
- Crypto deposit and withdrawal on some of the most popular coins.
- Portfolio management tools like advanced charting, news, alerts and limit orders
For a full list of all of the great features and experiences you will enjoy, please visit investvoyager.com to learn more.
When is my account expected to be converted?
We anticipate the conversion will be completed by March 28, 2020. Below you can find specifics on the timeline for conversion and when certain levels of functionality will be shut off:
- March 22nd ~ 11:59 pm EDT: deadline to request closing your account.
- March 23rd ~3 pm EDT: deposits, linking a bank account and updating personal information will be shut off. This also implies that any active recurring orders will not execute that week. Closure requests will not be honored starting this day, as your Circle account will be transitioning to Voyager.
- March 26th ~12 pm EDT: withdrawals to your bank account will be shut off.
- March 27th ~2 pm EDT: trading will be shut off. You can expect to regain access to your account and funds by resetting your account with Voyager. You will receive a welcome email from Voyager with instructions on how to access your new account shortly thereafter.
Finally, we DO recommend, though it is not required, that you download a report of your transaction history as a .csv in the Circle Invest app within Settings, as your transaction history will not be imported into your Voyager account.
If I am a customer from AK, NC, or NY, what can I expect?
Your account is expected to be converted to Voyager but you may be on a different and potentially longer timeline than the rest of customers being converted on March 28th, 2020. Even if all other customers are converted by the end of March, your assets and investing experience using Circle Invest will not change at all, you do NOT need to do anything at this time.
For more information please click HERE.
Who should I contact for support after the conversion date?
Your account will become a Voyager account on conversion date, as such, any questions or help you need to access your account should be directed to the Voyager customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact Circle support after this date, expect longer than usual delays in response time.
Will I be able to obtain my transaction history after the conversion date?
You will no longer be able to access your Circle Invest account post conversion date. Please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
What happens to my data at Circle once the account is closed?
As a money service business (MSB), subject to FinCEN regulatory requirements, we are required by federal law to retain records of the information used to validate your identity for 5 years following account closure. This requirement applies to all financial services providers in the United States and is known as a Know Your Customer (KYC) program.
Please be assured that we maintain this information with the same level of security as an active account and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than meeting our legal record-keeping obligations. After the 5-year retention period, your data will be automatically deleted from our systems.
Will my login credentials be the same on Voyager’s website?
No, you will be expected to create a new password with your existing Circle Invest email on the Voyager product.